Saturday, September 14, 2013

Sick Day

I caught some sort of bug over the last couple of days. At first I was just real achy and was thinking hoping it was from working out.. Alas, it was a sign of bad things to come. When I woke up this morning I knew it was something else, either allergies or a cold. I took a Claritin (normally I take the generic but Marc takes Claritin) but when I was no better in a couple hours I knew.. Grrr..

The upside is I had woken up around 4 AM so I was almost done with my work when Savannah got up. I took some cold medicine and considering calling Savannah’s school to see if they had room for her thinking to keep her away from me in case I’m contagious. Since I didn’t have too much work left to do and Savannah was in such a great mood I decided I could manage. It went well – I was able to keep her entertained and play with her staying at arms reach for most of the day. She even took a two and a half hour nap! I was planning on napping when she did but I was wide awake so I finished up my work, started laundry and a few other chores.

Crib Happy

 

One of the activities was water play. I put down a blanket, tablecloth then towel and filled a plastic shoe box with a couple inches of water. I gave her a couple cups and spoon and she started splashing away! I didn’t think to take off her dress until she poured a cup of water on herself but oh well.

Savvy Water Play

 

After the soaked dress was taken off:

IMG_4104IMG_4107

 

All in all it seemed to go well but we shall see. I went to bed around 9, woke up around 2AM to a crying baby – turned out it was at least the second time she had woken up really upset. Sad smile

No comments:

Post a Comment