Friday, November 15, 2013

The Rest of the Halloween Fun

First we were “Boo’ed”. It’s all over Pinterest, I don’t know if it’s an old or new thing but we never saw it in any of our old neighborhoods. Have I mentioned how happy we are with our choice of house?!? We had just put Sav down to sleep and the doorbell rang (which of course set the dogs off). Marc checked and there was a little bag with cookies and a You’ve Been Boo’ed sign attached.
gift_tags_halloween_boo_jackolantern-page-0

I had seen a recipe for Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes online and this was the perfect excuse to make them – I could give the majority away so we didn’t eat them all! I checked for little boxes at the Dollar Store with no luck and then realized I could make some - I’ve been itching to use my Silhouette again anyways. I started by cutting the bottoms in orange, the tops in black designed paper and the insert in plain black paper.




Got all my supplies together and got to folding and gluing together.. I had some cellophane treat bags to use for the window in the top of the box.


Bottom with insert

Top and Bottom

Put Together

Put Together from Top

They came out great if I do say so myself! I left a box for a couple neighbors with a copy of the "You've Been Boo'ed" printout. And of course there were extra cupcakes for Marc and I to try. :)

As for the costume, we had left it on the railing for a while and everytime Savannah saw it she would squeak and point and just HAVE to have it to hug and smother.. We had to keep it :)




As for our pumpkins, Marc and I carved ours. For a couple minutes Savannah had fun helping Daddy clean his out. Unfortunatly I had the camera on the wrong setting so the pictures are blurred. He tried to have her to help get the goop out of the pumpkin but she was not liking it..



The scraper turned into a phone..
IMG_4747

Then Daddy was left to work on his own while Savannah went playing around the porch.. With another “phone”.

IMG_4751IMG_4752IMG_4753IMG_4754

Then out came the paint for Savannah to decorate her pumpkin.. No, we didn’t think it was a good idea to give her the knives.. Maybe for Christmas ;) I didn’t catch any pictures during as I was trying to keep the paint contained on the big box instead of all over us but here’s her finished pumpkin. The purple splotches are her hand prints but we had too much paint for them to come out well.

IMG_4756IMG_4757


Afterwards Daddy took Sav for a walk - her favorite thing to do :)




Oh - and I made some bats and spider webs on my Silhouette too.. Love them - and Savannah is still enjoying taking them off the wall and putting them back.


No comments:

Post a Comment