Sunday, February 15, 2015

Speed Reader

She had a little hiatus but Savvy's love of books has come back. Most days there are a dozen or so to pick up at night before we head upstairs, not counting any upstairs in the loft or her room.

As if her "reading" wasn't great enough, she's now using it to entertain Tyler. Tonight Tyler was starting to fuss a little (yes a little which equates to screaming with other babies) while I was finishing up dinner. Super Big Sis brought him a toy, Ran to the other room, brought back a book and started reading to him. Followed by another.. And another.. I believe there were six in the kitchen by the time we sat down - about 10 minutes later. She looks at every page and either says words of things she sees or sometimes I just hear jibberish (maybe what she thinks I sound like when I read to her?!).Tyler LOVED every minute of it, his fussing turned to smiling and giggling when she would say things like "Oh wow look!".

On a side note, as if I didn't know how great my kidlets are, this morning we went out to breakfast and another table picked up our check. They meant it to be anonymous but we were waiting for our check and the waiter finally told us someone else took care of it because we were "such a joy to have breakfast next to". The other table's waitress even stopped by again (she had taken a few steps at Tyler earlier) to relay their sentiments. I was floored. They told us who it was (didn't mention it was supposed to be anonymous) so we thanked them profusely - which is when they told us it was meant to be anonymous. I apologized and told them our waiter only told us because we were waiting for our check and he had to say something. I hope they weren't upset with him or their waitress! They told us again how great (they used a different word I can't think of now) our kidlets were and that they were adorable. I was able to get one more thank you out along with a have a nice day before Savannah was dying to go running up and down the shopping center's sidewalk - our weekly ritual. I am still gushing over it all if you can't tell. Marc and I really got lucky with our wonderful little ones!!

No comments:

Post a Comment