Sunday, July 21, 2013

Grass, Rash and Sippy Cups - Oh My!

We have been settling into our house pretty well for the last two and a half weeks. By well I don’t mean we’re unpacked or organized, I mean we’ve made it through all the days finding what we need for the most part.

Savannah has become a pro at crawling on the tile – just a few slips but only one that ended with crying as far as I remember. It was a pretty good knock but she really didn’t cry for long at all. Marc and I chase her around the downstairs playing “I’m gonna get you!” a lot and tickle the crap out of her when we catch her. She starts laughing just when we start after her, crawls a bit and usually stops to let us catch her. She must know we’re lazy..

 

She is still getting used to the grass in the backyard. When I first sit her down she gives me a weird look like what is this?! I figure over time she’ll get used to it like the tile.

 

IMG_20130711_135358IMG_20130711_135403

 

Bathtime is a blast! She is all over the place getting to everything she can put her hands on. One of the latest is the velcro that holds my kneeling mat on the tub. I found some foam numbers and letters and for the past couple baths have switched them with her normal toys. While she mostly takes them off the walls when I put them up she has tried to figure out how to get the back there. Mostly she trys to put one on top another so it doesn’t stick..

Bath Fun 1

Talking and Crawling in the Bath

Velcro!

DSCN3758DSCN3807DSCN3810

We are down to one bottle a day now at bedtime. I figure give her another week and then we’ll try to transition it out too.  The rest of the day she’s using sippy cups with her formula, water or juice (mixed with 1/2 water). I made the mistake of letting her keep a sippy cup around in the playroom with her though. I think she kept drinking so much that when meal time came she wasn’t hungry. So now I’m trying sippy cup only at meals and snack time.

Sippy Cup

IMG_20130717_110307IMG_20130717_110327IMG_20130714_182505

 

As for the “Rash” in the title, I think we’ve identified a food allergy. She had crackers with hummus for lunch and immidiately ended up with a rash around her mouth. I’m thinking it’s the sesame seeds but not sure – either way we’ll skip the hummus for a while.. Thankfully except the redness she didn’t appear to have a problem. She was giggly, laughing and crawling all over the place. And the rash went away within an hour (~phew~).

IMG_20130714_131440

 

Random pictures:

IMG_20130707_133506DSCN3769IMG_6053DSCN3795

No comments:

Post a Comment